Friday and Saturday, October 13 – 15, 2017
10 am – 6 pm, Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
Washington County Fairgrounds
The Portland Regional Gem and Mineral Show has been part of the Pacific Northwest since 1981.
This show is presented by 5 regional non-profit clubs which have an interest in promoting education in the subjects of geology and lapidary arts. Learn more about these subjects through our demonstrators who have experience in teaching what we do. You can also read more about who we are under the menu choice ‘about‘ and a link to each of the 5 supporting clubs through ‘affiliate clubs‘.
In detail, our show offers:
- 45+ Dealers from all regions
- Fossils, Minerals, Rocks
- Jewelry, Beads, Faceted Gems
- Lapidary supplies
- 80 Exhibits of rocks, minerals, fossils. Please vote for your favorite exhibit.
- Interactive demonstrations in wire wrap, beading, cabbing, faceting, stone carving, and more. Bring your questions on the topic.
- Educational Programs includes presentations from Book Authors on the topics of rockhounding. A Silversmithing presentation will be given from Newberg Jewelry Studio and Supply. This studio also offers classes in how to turn your cabochons into finished wear.
- On Sunday we will have a expert on the subject of Meteorites, Dick Pugh.
- Watch our talented Sand artist do his magic in the sand creations.
- Learn more about what our 5 Non profit clubs have to offer you if you wish to join their club
- Kids corner with games and activities
- Door Prizes
- Silent Auction runs all day, every day to bid for bargains of rock material
- …and much more!!