Thursdays – Sundays, October 12 – 31
7:30 pm, and 2:00 pm on Sundays
The Vault Theater
Bag&Baggage Productions presents: The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society Production of Murder at Checkmate Manor
by David McGillivray and Walter Zerlin Jr.
Every drama group has experienced the horrors of what can go wrong on opening night, and the ladies of the F.A.H.E.T.G. Dramatic Society are no different – with the possible exception that almost everything that can go wrong actually does! The scenery collapses, cues are missed, lines forgotten, and the sound effects take on an ominous note, as the “ladies” present an ambitious evening’s entertainment with the cunning whodunit, Murder At Checkmate Manor.
From the playwrights that brought B&B audiences A Farndale Avenue…Christmas Carol in 2012, our Halloween show is a howling, hilarious, farcical send-up of Agatha Christie and the murder mystery genre – in stiletto heels! B&B is thrilled to get the “band” back together for one more go at the ladies of Farndale! Starring Patrick Spike (as the infamous Phoebe Reece), Jeremy Sloan (of A KBNB Kristmas Karol fame) as Felicity, and Arianne Jacques as the hapless stage manager, Gordon. Murder can be such a drag…
“Did the butler do it? In the end, who cares! You won’t – you’ll be too busy laughing.” – The Times-Herald
October 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31, 2017
Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2:00pm
Runs 10/12/17 – 10/31/17
Run Time 120 minutes, including 1 intermission(s)
Recommended for ages 18+
This production contains adult situations, language, and themes… because, you know, it’s a drag show farce about a murder mystery.
PAY WHAT YOU WILL NIGHT: October 12th (cash preferred)
- All shows (except where indicated) are General Admission.
- The auditorium opens for seating 45 minutes prior to curtain.
- Due to the intimate nature of our space, absolutely NO LATE SEATING will be allowed for any reason. Please ensure you arrive on time for the performance.
- Magazine Series Lectures take place in the auditorium on each Friday performance starting at 6:00pm and last approximately 30 minutes.
- Post-show discussions and talk-backs with the cast and crew take place immediately following each Sunday matinee and last approximately 45 minutes.